Assuring the uniqueness of a security seal
Suitable for many applications as bags, drums, boxes, roll cages, or trucks, security seals can be also individualised and produced for special solutions and niche applications (such as tachographs, sterile containers, meters,..)
The security seals can be customized, for example, with customer logo, barcodes, consecutive numbering, data matrix codes etc. By combining these elements, Unisto ensures that each seal is unique and cannot be substituted. In this way you can be sure that every manipulation attempt can be identified and that your goods have not been tampered.
The right security seal for the job
Many factors influence the functionality and effectiveness of a security seal and should be considered when buying a security seal.
Some of the aspects to be considered include:
- The type of containers to be sealed
- The temperature in the place where the sealed container is stored
- The forces and influences that the seal must withstand, for example whether it must be easy to remove by hand or using a cutter
- The logistic processes in place and which steps have to be taken
- Handling and management, as how to record the security seal numbering
There are many different types of security seals on the market and they are all classified according to various categories. Common classifications are based on the material (plastic security seals and metal security seals) and on the seal type (high security seals, barrier security seals, electronic seal, fix length security seals, padlocks, pull-tight seals,..).